Do you have Chinese drywall?
According to experts, the public may use the following criteria to assess whether homes and condos were built with toxic Chinese-made drywall:
- They were built or remodeled between 2001 and 2008
- They have a sulfur or rotten-egg smell, particularly when windows and doors are shut
- Residents suffer allergies, nose bleeds, upper-respiratory problems and other symptoms that disappear when they leave the homes for an extended time
- Air conditioning units have repeated coil corrosion
- The copper in the home, from the electrical ground wires to the copper coils that are in the air conditioning, turn black